The last five months I have been busy planning for my big day. I’m not sure what we were thinking when we decided to take on that task. So far everything is falling into place and unfortunately, bridezilla has been introduced to a few people (Yikes). I just knew that wouldn’t be me, but I think with less than a month left I want to make sure everything is perfect for our day.
Prior to being engaged I got really committed to eating healthier and working out. Typically I would drink smoothies before tropical vacations and after to detox from the resorts all-inclusive food and liquor! Now smoothies are just apart of my lifestyle and something I crave. Because I have been eating healthier I wanted to prepare a sweet, yet healthy snack for my fiance and I. You guessed it… Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie.
Ingredients (Two Servings)
- 1/4 cup Udi’s gluten-free Au Natural granola
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 frozen ripe banana. (Anytime bananas are too ripe to eat, that is the best time to freeze them for smoothies!!!)
- 2 cups organic frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt ( you can also use fat-free)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract ( take it easy)
Serve and enjoy! 🙂